House Hunting Checklist
The Arkell Barnes Mortgage Team is happy to assist with your house hunting!
As you begin your search for a new home, use this helpful checklist to take notes. Compare the features of the homes you view and rate them from 1 (poor) to 5 (excellent). As you view each house and neighborhood jot down the pros and cons. What did you see that you liked? What would you have to change? This checklist can help keep all of your thoughts and ideas in one place, making it easier for you to make a decision.
House hunt with confidence.
If you’re house-hunting, here are some tips to help make it smoother:
- Consider working with a real estate agent who can offer tips and advice based on their experience.
- Take a digital camera or smart phone for taking photos/short videos
Implement the following ideas to help you with the process:
- First, examine the neighborhood. If you like the area, tour the home.
- Take a few photos to help remember details and determine your front runners.
- Make notes on the checklist about pros and cons.
- Rate each house on a scale of 1 to 10.
- Revisit your front runners for follow-up walk-throughs, and perhaps try talking to some neighbors to learn more about the property and surrounding area.
- Visit the house AT NIGHT. You can learn a lot about a neighborhood when people are normally home. Is parking a concern? How are the noise levels? Is the neighborhood lighting adequate? Try to think of more questions or personal concerns that may affect your decision.
- Get a complimentary, preliminary approval letter from your local Arkell Barnes Mortgage Team consultant, and make an offer on the house you like best!
Contact us by phone at (919) 539-9800 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for help finding the right home financing option for you! Happy house hunting!